| Corporate Children's Parties, Daycares, Schools, Camps, Birthday Parties, Libraries
| Retirement Homes, Arts Festivals, Community Events, Volunteer Celebration Events
|| All Venues
|Adèle brings your theme to life with stories, rhymes, props and artwork. She personalizes the stories and invites participation in the telling and in artwork.
||Adèle creates original interactive stories that engage the listener's heart, mind and soul. She mixes humour and compassion with a light touch.
||Adèle draws as she tells and then draws some more. She gets you drawing too. She will draw you too if you wish!
Adèle Koehnke makes up all her stories
from scratch and enacts them with the help of adults, children or
both. You may choose either a story to reflect your own theme or
a tale she creates from her imagination.
Stories are a wonderful way to celebrate people and events. Whether it's a child's birthday party or a large thank you party for volunteers, an original story adds a special touch.
Listeners will enjoy contributing their own ideas and memories to the stories and will like the novelty of watching Adèle illustrate the stories on the spot on a tripod drawing easel. Adèle brings in tiny props that set the story mood.
Adult listeners receive a story based greeting card that Adèle has made as a keepsake. Children receive a hand drawn colouring sheet that is based on the story theme.
Adèle will draw a small portrait of a listener upon request. This is a very popular feature!
Watch a video of Adèle telling a story on YouTube!
- Twenty years of storytelling experience for children and/or adults
- Original stories with art for 2003 Breakfast with Santa at the Living Arts Centre
- Appeared on CITY TV's Breakfast Television with children's stories - December 2003
- Conducted symposium for educators on values and methods of storytelling
- Stories for retirement homes including Cedarbrook Lodge, Amica at Swan Lake, Extendicare Rouge Valley, Sunrise Assisted Living (Unionville and Aurora), Beach Arms.
- Stories for schools including Elms JMS, St. Margaret's, Cliffside, Guildwood Jr., Chief Dan George, Leslieville.
- Stories for the 26th annual Toronto Festival of Storytelling 2004
- Storytelling for City of Toronto/School program at Mel Lastman Square May 2003
- Wrote, acted in and co-produced Adèle's Stories for Children and Just Off Centre (drama) for Scarborough Cable Television (now Rogers)
- Taught Creative Drama to Preschoolers for two summers at Seneca College
- Award winning poet (first and second prizes) - The League of Canadian Poets
- Profiled in the Toronto Star and published in Scarborough Mirror
- Stories for Summer Reading Programs for Toronto Public Libraries
- Stories for The Distillery, Royal Canadian Yacht Club, Junction Arts Festival, Art Naturally at the Guild Inn, Vintage Fest, the Canadian Cancer Society's Mad Hatter Tea Party, churches, day cares, Zodiac Family Centre, Westdale Mall, children's camps, birthday parties, a literacy camp, ESL students, community fairs